25 January 2016

Massage Bar

The back/rib issue has lingered on way longer than I expected and has limited my speed work (intervals). It is still painful to deep breath. 
I also have very minor soreness in the left Achilles heel and tendonitis in the left knee.
I have increased my mileage (over 100km is unheard of for me! 107km last week!) and kept to a monks diet.
I'm about 61/62kg pre run - 59/60kg post run. 
I'm in good shape but need the speed work to be able to race on the track. 
The State 5000 is on 11th Feb and the State 10,000 26th Feb. 
I think the 5 will be a little too soon for me but might still race, the 10,000 should be OK.
The mornings have been ridiculously warm and getting up at 4;30am for a 5;00am start doesn't help too much. Yesterday I drove over to Scarborough for 25km  (4;06 K's) .
It was tough going out with a wind in my face but coming back you get no breeze  and the humidity coming off the ocean knocks you about.
I bought a massage bar for evening TV viewing exercise, much easier to use than the large foam roller.$23 on ebay.

1 comment:

We are the Robots said...

It was a buoyant if not beaming Garmin Lama who fronted the world's media after his weekend heroics where he delivered on his boast that he could take four random nursing home residents and turn them into a world beating , well drilled relay quartet in not much less time than it took to bring his satellite connection up on his beloved Garmin . " This shows that what I'm now calling Garminism is the way of the future , " said the man who also confirmed that he was founding a new religion which he believes will challenge the world of Scientology for the hearts and minds of those looking for truth and meaning in a technological age of constant change and where reinvention of oneself is not so much to be labeled a self indulgence but to be seen as a key survival strategy . " People say to me that my book The Mr.Garmin Story is a bloody good read ," enthused the man who's not averse to using colourful language and metaphor to get his message across , " but I'm convinced its much more than that . Its divine scripture . The proof is in the results I've had from the people who've read it . Take these four old buggers for example . Their names aren't important . It's what they symbolise . Old age at its ruthless worst . They were clearly washed up . Cast aside by an uncaring society in an abandoned closet we cynically label their golden years and where few ever came to visit them . Now they've shown the world what Garminisn can do . I don't take the credit . I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet . I'm simply the messenger bringing this creed and philosophy to a world where people are crying out for meaning , comfort and solace . I call it chicken soup for the soul ." Rather than take further questions the self styled prophet handed out signed copies of his biopic best seller and when pressed as to whether he would be defending his 10k State title in a few weeks time he simply gave an enigmatic smile that would have done justice to the Mona Lisa . That same smile that looks down on us from billboards around the globe . That face that symbolises Garmin .