10 January 2016

59.9kg

The back/ rib injury is taking an eternity to get better but is very very slowly getting there. Only feel comfortable or capable of steady running but have thrown in a couple of casual grass interval sessions to get the heart pumping , need to do more.
Today ran twice roo+lake and lost 2.5kg even with three drink stops, it was very uncomfortable. At least I have now seen my goal weight on the scales ~ only I need to see it before my run!
Will run a set of km intervals on the road on Tuesday morning and determine if I'm up to racing yet.
It was another 80km week for me.
Pre run

Post run

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

I took a spill the other week and came down on my side. Think it did more damage than simply taking the wind out of me. How did you hurt your backhand/or ribs?

David said...

It was whilst gardening Scott !! I think it was when I was hacking away at cycad pups in an awkward twisted position (or possibly mowing and strimming). I though it was my back at first but after weeks of ache the contraction of the muscles has dissipated leaving painful rib - it hurts when I breath deeply or sneeze.

The Robot said...

Gee David that's terrible . How is it when you laugh mate ? You weren't pretending that cycad was a pesky robot ? Shardy says he'll lend you a copy of a good book he has that may lift your spirits. and heal your wounds . You really must be more careful . I leave the gardening to my wife . She has a way with plants . Even nuisance ones that need to be dynamited out . I consulted the robot oracle for you this morning and he still reckons that 2016 is the year of the lama . Well if that doesn't lift your spirits you're bloody hard to please . That was a great ballet post as well with the up tempo music . You're always the innovator and trail blazer .